Saturday 3 January 2015

End of Year Review

I've just been spending a while looking back through all the photos I've taken this year. My camera was bought in the January sales last year and I have, much to E's despair, become the sort of person who will take photos of absolutely anything. The cry "why are you taking a photo of that?!" rings out quite regularly round these parts. The reason I do it is because I have a memory like a sieve and it's so lovely to use this space as a sort of online diary. I'm sure I wouldn't remember half the stuff I've done this past year, without this little space of mine. All the simple, homely moments, various trips etc. would just be lost in the ether, never to be thought of again. So, despite the ridicule, I shall continue to record these precious moments, more for myself than anyone else but maybe, one day, they will be nice for my girls to look back on. 

Anyway, here are some of my favourite reminders of 2014 - from GCSE keep calm lavender bags, to various makes, holidays etc. Mostly though, they are things which just make me smile .... and that can't be a bad thing now, can it?

























So Happy New Year to you all and best wishes for a wonderful, fun-filled 2015 - I can't wait. x

8 comments:

  1. I can completely identify with your family's reaction to your photography :) Mine sigh when I get my camera out on walks as it holds us up when I stop to photograph flowers and scenery. Either that, or they walk on and I have to catch them up. The perils of blogging, eh? Beautiful photos too. I like all of your blankets, and the flowers too. Happy New Year!
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. I get grief for taking photos when we're out as well. I'm always trotting along at the back trying to catch up. But it's worth it when we have nice pictures to look back at, so we should definitely persist! Wishing you and yours a very happy 2015. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha I too suffer from a few camera shot jokes, raised eyebrows etc BUT I love taking pictures of my little world and I even more so enjoy sharing pictures from others and their little worlds.
    Beautiful pictures, a successful year indeed.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to you too! I think your blog is lovely and it is a privilege to be able to see it. Keep doing what you want to do and enjoy every moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golly!! Look at all of the beauty you captured this past year!!! Every single picture made me pause! It just goes to show that it is a good thing you pull that camera out! I can't wait to see more of your makings and adventures in the new year! All the best! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the pictures are so lovely! I do wonder how much Hamish actually makes you smile on a regular basis but I suppose he is unutterably cute when being good. Aside from all the things featured, I'm still very impressed by your new-ish-found blogging expertise. Maybe soon you'll be the one repeatedly showing E how to use her laptop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog you have! I liked seeing this review of your work
    The little lavender bag must be my favorite, seriously cute!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a lovely year! I especially like the gcse lavender bag idea, I think we could do with a few of those here.........

    ReplyDelete